Random Acts of Kindness
Random Acts of Kindness Day is celebrated on February 17th, but we all know that being kind to others should be something we do every day.
Random Acts of kindness are fun because it surprises strangers or someone who you haven’t contacted in a while and let them know you care. It makes the other person feel so good but the best part, it makes you feel good as well.
- Pay for the coffee or meal of the person behind you in line.
- Leave a kind note for someone, no explanation needed.
- Share words of encouragement. You never know who might need them.
- Put your skills to work for someone in need. For example, offer to create a résumé for someone seeking a new job.
- Drop off a load of groceries at the local food pantry.
- Mail a “thinking of you” card to someone you’ve not to talk to in a while.
- Order a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to anyone in the hospital. That means, call the florist and tell them to pick a hospital or nursing home and deliver flowers to the person the front desk thinks needs it the most. It could be a sick child, an elderly person with no family.
- Send a thank you note to the local fire department, police departments, or any military personnel.
- Just smile.
Your friends at Apollo Insurance Services are donating hygiene kits with toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, anti-bacterial wipes and other necessities to the Chino Neighborhood House, a non-profit organization.
Since 1945, the Chino Neighborhood House has worked to ensure that families, students, and senior citizens in the community have food on their tables enabling students to be more successful at school and allowing seniors to live a healthy lifestyle.
We hope you’ll participate or that someone else does it for you and it makes you feel loved.
THE WORLD IS FULL OF KIND PEOPLE…IF YOU CAN’T FIND ONE, BE ONE.