Celebrate Earth Day!
Our planet is our home and offers us so many abundant resources, many of which we take for granted or even abuse. Today is Earth Day and we should celebrate it by giving back to Mother Earth.
Most of us know to recycle, conserve water and energy, protect our forests. Here are some other ideas that you can put in action today:
- Plant a tree
- Ride your bike or walk instead of driving
- Bring reusable bags when shopping
- Pick up trash whenever you see it
- Use a refillable water container instead of bottled water
- Unplug any appliances you’re not using
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins
- Sign up for online banking
- Support a farmers market
- Donate old clothes
- Hand-wash dishes
- Buy second-hand items
- Go meatless at least one meal a week
- Turn the thermostat up or down by at least 1 degree
- Take a quick shower instead of a bath
- Appreciate all the beauty around you – sunshine, blue sky, clouds, trees, mountains, ocean, etc.